I AM Dancing!

“How do you picture me right now?” “What do you think I’m doing as you sing your heart out to me?” This is what I heard Sunday morning as I sang praise and worship songs at the top of my lungs. I knew exactly what I pictured. I told the Lord that I pictured Him looking over us very peacefully and very quite. I have always pictured Him observing us while we praise and worship Him with a very pleasing but serious demeanor.

Before now, It’s not something I’ve ever put a lot of thought into. I love it when God provokes me to step out of this box I create and think a little deeper. I have just always closed my eyes to shut the world out and sang directly to Him. As I close my eyes I feel the connection directly to the Lords heart. Now every other time I have raised my voice to the Lord He has just sat back and soaked it up. But this Sunday was quite an exception!

On this day, He spoke so passionately to my heart that I wish I could speak directly to you! J He said “I am not an idle God. I want you to understand and visualize the truth. The truth is that I am dancing wildly as you pour your heart out. I am not only dancing but I am pouring my blessing out upon you. Will you receive it? Will you take my call in your life seriously? I am not still. I am on my toes and ready to take off in your life.”

I literally saw Him running in place like something was holding Him back. I didn’t quite understand. Then God spoke all through the message for the day. He told us how He had given each of us a gift. A very special gift designed only for you, from Him. His question was, “What will we do with it?” Will we be selfish and keep it all to ourselves? Will we pursue it and ask God directly what He wants yus to do with it and how? Will we try and ask someone else to open it and hope they will take it off of our hands? Will we damage it? Will we ignore it? Is it possible that we could even lose our gift?

Or will you walk with me today and start to unravel the precious gift He has given you? Will you put all distractions, questions, and timidity behind you and allow God to lead you to the gift, that He has kept safe for you all of these years? If we could only grasp more of His perspective in our daily lives, imagine what freedom we would have. I am in awe of His love. I don’t think it is possible to grasp the measure of His heart. Not only did He die on the cross to save us, He is still looking for us with an unopened gift, that has your name on it.

At the end of the message, I realized what was holding Him back. We are. He is running in place because we are too scared to truly live the meaning He has for our lives. He is just waiting to see an honest heart that is truly ready for Him to jump in and fill with direction. Believe me, there is so much more freedom than could ever be expressed through surrender. We cant afford to be timid and reserved when truly living for God.

In the 1 Corinithians 12:31 it says, “But eagerly desire the greater gifts.
And now I will show you the most excellent way.” The most excellent way! Wow, I can’t imagine all He has planned for us! The more we eagerly desire of Him, the more we seek His direction and wisdom in our lives, the more you fall in love and thirst for more.

Can you join me in a daily prayer, seeking His direction and guidance to take full advantage of every piece of the gift?

“Father, I pray we come together with arms wide open as you embrace us and allow us to take our gift. Thank you for your unbelievable love and patience with us. I pray as we begin to eagerly desire and seek your advice in everything we do, that you would answer our prayers boldly. I pray we begin to build our faith like the centurion and believe what we sing and speak. Break the chains we have on our hearts that cause us to be weak. I thank you for welcoming us in this lifelong adventure. I pray we will never cause you to stop dancing and that you may begin the lifelong sprint in our lives. In your amazing Name we pray, Amen!

I am thinking and praying for you and your special gift, Love Maranda Huntley
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment