Held by the Father


One early morning, I was having my quiet time with the Lord, and was singing a worship song when my two youngest children woke up and came to the family room to join me. They wanted to be part of the worship time, so they asked me to hold and twirl them around as we sang out to God. As I was holding them, twirling slowly and ‘dancing’ before the Lord, I watched their eyes fill with joy, comfort, and security as they felt so safe being held in my arms.

I envisioned the Lord holding me the same way and I was smiling, singing and being comforted in His loving, safe arms. My arms tired after some time of holding the kids and I put them down. They both reached their arms up and wanted to be held again, but my arms were so tired. The Lord whispered to me in that soft, gentle voice, “My arms never get tired.”

No matter what you and I are going through today, He can handle the load. We may be carrying the load of past sin, stress with our jobs, the difficulties of raising children, depression, or just the normal day to day life struggles, but we need to know that Jesus promises rest for our souls.

In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

In the application section of my Bible, it says after this verse, “Jesus frees people from burdens. The rest that Jesus promises is love, healing, and peace with God, not the end of all labor. A relationship with God changes meaningless, wearisome toil into spiritual productivity and purpose.”

As we come to the Lord, let’s allow Him to hold us and our heaviness in His strong and loving arms, as we will find rest for our souls.

Several months after this time with my kids, we were driving in the van and the song below came on the radio. I literally almost jumped with joy, as I listened to the words and let them soak into my soul. Be blessed as you listen!

Enjoy being Held by your Father!
Stephanie



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciW8r-5kCDY

John 10:28-29, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.”
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment