What Does Your World Revolve Around?

Ephesians 1.20-23,
"All this energy issues from Christ: God raised him from death and set him on a throne in deep heaven, in charge of running the universe, everything from galaxies to governments, no name and no power exempt from his rule. And not just for the time being, but forever. He is in charge of it all, has the final word on everything. At the center of all this, Christ rules the church. The church, you see, is not peripheral to the world; the world is peripheral to the church. The church is Christ's body, in which he speaks and acts, by which he fills everything with his presence

There has been a constant thought on my mind lately. And I mean constant. I can't seem to get out of my head this idea of keeping Christ central. As a Christian, there is this lifestyle we are called to live by; a lifestyle of living as Christ. Is that not why we are called "Christian?" To be like Christ. To model after Christ.

As much as we should be aware of this everyday of our lives, I'm afraid we do not keep it so central as we should. I know I didn't. But about a month ago it clicked. It was like a switch was flipped and now I can't turn it off (not that I would want to).

As believers, as CHRISTIANS, we must live every moment centered around Christ. Our lives must revolve around the message of salvation.

I am challenged in every way to see that all I do is made with the cross at the center. My relationships. The decisions I make. The attitude I present. I want people to look at my life and say, "That's a woman who centers her life around Christ."

I believe that if every Christian got a hold of this, and made this there number one priority, things would drastically shift in the Kingdom. Our lives should preach the cross. And not this image of the cross, but the life changing message of what the cross represents...salvation.

We are not called to preach a gospel everyone likes or agrees with. We must preach a gospel that calls people to see the foolishness of man under the cross. A message that boasts in God and His gift of salvation.

I don't want to be someone who stands at the cross and tells people they need to be there; I want to humbly invite people to join me at the foot.

I challenge you (and myself) to have this constant awareness of Christ in our lives. Everything we do and think must revolve around the Christ. This is the only way we can live...to preach the gospel of salvation, made possible only by Christ, the Son of God.
Category: 1 comments

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes!! Me too! He gave me an example the other day. The sun does not revolve around the earth but the earth orbits the sun. The sun is the center of our solar system. If the sun is not in the center with everything revolving around it, what happens? Chaos, death, complete destruction. Likewise Christ has to be th center of our lives with us revolving around Him. That's the origional order of things. What happens if Christ is not at the center? Just look around you. Chaos. Death. Disorder. Corruption. Flip on the news. Or even look at anything in your life that isn't in order. He is the Son and we are to orbit Him. God bless you

Post a Comment