One Touch!

Oh how I love to read Mark 5:24-31:
" A large crowd followed and pressed around him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, "if I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?" "You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, "Who touched me?" But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

This woman's faith is the key to "the path of life." She suffered for twelve years with her illness. That is longer than I can fathom. Have you ever had a stronghold in your life that felt exactly like an illness? That's how I would describe the sin, guilt and shame I held in my life for years. Everyday I tried to walk with this in my heart, I got a little more sick, a little more weary and a little more lifeless. When we try to walk around with this weight in our lives, it will consume your body, head to toe. She had spent all she had and relied on these doctors for an answer, for healing and for restoration of her life. But instead of getting better she got worse. Ever been there? When I relied on myself and others to restore my spirit or encourage my way of life, it lasted but a moment and each day my burdens got a little more heavy.

Thankfully there is a consistent Spirit hovering over the earth, that is an encouragement and light to our lives whether we are saved or not. I believe this is a huge blessing and gift to the unbelievers. He lives in His people, He speaks through their mouth, He brightens their eyes, He walks with them and draws others near. When she heard of Jesus she thought "if I can just touch His clothes, I will be healed." She knew with all she had and every bit of her heart, if she could just reach Him, she WOULD BE HEALED! How did you feel when you heard about Jesus? I couldn't run fast enough to His arms. Or how do you feel when you read these verses? Is it enlightening or what? How do you feel knowing He is the one and only healer and restorer of life! He cares about you and there is nothing you have done or could do that would ever make Him think differently of you! You couldn't be anymore special to your Father than you are right now. He is so enthralled over you and your heart. He wants you to let go of the hurts, the guilt, the shame and the past. He wants to put those broken pieces of your heart back together precisely through the work of His hands. He knows exactly how He created you and what He intended to be part of your heart. He will throw the pieces of sin as far as the east is from the west. They were nailed to the cross and you will bear them no more!

How precious this woman is to me. I can't imagine how far she had to travel to reach Jesus. I cant imagine the looks of disgust she received when she struggled to reach Him. I am so thankful that Jesus is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week! No matter where you are, no matter how loudly you speak, He hears and He receives your heart. This part is very important, read carefully-He then answers! When He answers, we must walk it out. For me it was not the easiest thing to do in the beginning. You may feel the same way. You may have people at your back, you may have unbelievers surrounding you, you may think you can't walk away from a relationship or past. Don't believe the lies satan will consistently tell you. He will try even harder when He sees you seeking Gods answers. I pray you will hold strong to the truth and that is His word. Each day you walk in the truth it will become more comfortable and you will see the chains begin to snap one by one by God's healing power! Lets make sure we are sensitive to His voice and His call in our life. My very good friend asked me the other day "why can't God just do this one thing for me? I know He can, I've read and received many miracles before, why cant He just do this one thing?" I felt the Holy Spirit say immediately, "then it is done!" If you know He can do it, and it is a healthy move in your life, "then it is done!" Our faith has to match our walk and our talk. That was the answer this woman received. She believed and with one touch, it was done! Hallelujah!

Can you just visualize Jesus after she touched Him? I see Him holding His hand to His heart because He was so moved by this woman's faith. He felt it leave His body. He then searches until He finds who it was that just entered His Kingdom. That is how much our confession means to Jesus. I visualize Him doing the exact same thing when we realize He is the one and only who can save our lives and restore us to His standards. I pray if that day has not came in your life when you realize I cant live another day like this, that it will come right now. It doesn't have to be a past of terrible sin that puts you on your knees. It could be the same feeling if you are just choosing to live a comfortable Christian lifestyle. When we have had enough of ourselves and our way, He can speak so clearly into our future. I challenge you as well as myself to die to yourself daily. I feel the morning is the best opportunity to speak loudly unto God and against the devil. "I choose to die to myself and pick up my cross. Your will be done in my life Jesus, whether easy or hard, joyful or tears, baby steps or leaps and bounds. I receive and give it all that I have in thanksgiving." God bless you and happy journey!
Category: 1 comments

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Once again, Maranda, well written! I am not sure if you realize it or not but the way you write truly sends a message of peacefulness. I love that about you. Your confidence in God is an amazing gift. Love you!

Post a Comment