THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.

Psalm 23

The Lord has poured this scripture over my life in the last couple of weeks as the children in my class discuss His upcoming birthday. Take the time today and study what it means for God to be our Shepherd. What does this mean for your life? What is God making available to you? What can we do today to make a change towards the life He wants for us?

I have to share a simple paragraph and question from John Eldredge:
When the sheep follow the shepherd, they find pasture. They find life. Life doesn’t just magically come to us. We have to make ourselves available to it. There is a lifestyle that allows us to receive the life of God. I know that if I will live more intimately with Jesus and follow his voice, I will have a much better chance of finding the life I long for. I know it. If I will listen to his voice and let him set the pace, if I will cooperate in my transformation, I will be a much happier man. And so a new prayer has begun to rise within me, I am asking God, What is the life you want me to live? If we can get an answer to that question, it will change everything!

He states later that you can start small, day by day. What do you want for me today Lord? Move all distractions, disappointments, agendas, and busyness (we all know about that at this time of year) and make a lifestyle change for the better. Let him speak and lead us all to the life where HE fulfills our every need.

“Dear Heavenly Father, help us truly grasp the meaning of Psalm 23. Help us let go of this life that we so desperately hold onto and drench us in your blood of salvation. I pray we wake up to your sweet reminders of how and why you came to earth to save us. Teach us how to let go and let You lead our every thought, our every mood, and our every step Lord. Transform us Father! Thank you for loving us with an unfathomable joy. I pray we get a step closer to your heart every day. It is in Your Name we pray, Amen!”
Have a blessed day with Him!
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment