“Enough?”



"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs...and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11

Last year as I was sitting in front of the Christmas tree, I was admiring the beautiful lights and enjoying the quiet, serene, peaceful time. As I sat there, I began to think, “Wow, for the amount of money we spent, it sure doesn’t look like a lot of gifts. It just doesn’t look like enough.” The Lord spoke to my spirit, “Do you think my mother, Mary, thought the same when she looked at that dirty, old, and stinky stable? Wow, this is it? Is this enough?” Let’s picture what it must have been like for this pregnant woman in her ninth month; Mary was probably experiencing intense labor pains and extreme fatigue from the long and uncomfortable donkey ride. She wasn’t fortunate enough to have experienced a short and cozy minivan drive across town and arrive at a clean hospital setting. Oh, no… she was going to give birth in a stable!?

As the story unfolds in the book of Luke, it was more than enough. True, the stable did not supply the modern day hospital luxuries: a warm and comfy bed, remote control television on the side rails or nurses offering the new mom a fresh water bottle. But, it did supply more than any other human being could offer. That night brought us the Messiah, the King of the world, the Prince of Peace, our Savior and the One who loves us so much that He would later give up his life on a cross to save us from our sins.

Is He ‘enough’ for you? Do you ever struggle with feelings that Jesus may not be enough? How could He ever mend this broken marriage? Can He really help my rebellious teenager? Could He heal these deep wounds from my past or supply our needs during this impossible financial difficulty? The Bible answers these questions in Matthew 19:26- "Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." It doesn’t mean our challenging situations miraculously disappear, but it does mean that He becomes more than enough for us.

The Bible tells us in 2 Chronicles 16:9- “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.” I have personally faced many challenges and continued to meditate on this Truth from God’s word. It is amazing and life-changing how the Holy Spirit strengthens us, guides us, and gives us the wisdom we need in each situation. The words in the song “Healer” speak of this: “you hold my every moment, you calm my raging seas, you walk with me through fire and heal all my disease. I believe you’re my healer, I believe you are all I need, I believe you’re my portion, I believe you’re more than enough for me. Nothing is impossible for You.”

As my kids opened their presents that Christmas morning, they were so overwhelmed! It was more than enough! Many times that it is how it feels when we are in His presence; as he gives us His priceless gifts of unexplainable peace, joy, and contentment. What do you need to turn over to God today to acknowledge that “He is Enough”?

Truth to meditate on:
Isaiah 26:3-4: “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.”

Matthew 7:7-8: “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”


No comments:

Post a Comment