Reflection

James 1:22 (NIV) -
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Those who listen to the word but do not do what it says are like people who look at their faces in a mirror and, after looking at themselves, go away and immediately forget what they look like. But those who look intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continue in it - not forgetting what they have heard but doing it - they will be blessed in what they do.”

This scripture speaks a thousand words to my heart. My heart cries out for more on a daily basis as I truly want my ear to become a step closer to His lips…for His whisper to be felt on the side of my face. My goal is to knock down another barrier each day as I reach out to people. Although this is a deep passion and goal of mine, I still feel a little tug of anxiety as I am approaching someone God has put in my path whether it be at the grocery store, a restaurant, face book or even sometimes friends. I have even failed many times by not following that desire in my heart to reach out to someone. When I have gone back to obey His command, the moment is gone, the opportunity has ceased. I believe after walking through a couple of these blows, we will jump on the opportunity to seek what He is pushing us toward with a little less anxiety each time we follow His lead. I long to listen to the Word and DO what it says (1 John 3:18)!


I have been in several moments lately where I’m crying out, “Lord I know what your Word says but I am struggling to obey.” Have you been there with me God friends? Have you been hurt, disappointed, let down, condemned or has someone just said some nasty things to you? I feel the Lord speaking over us and saying, “Guess what, they nor what they say defines you. I define you! Everything I have spoken to you, about you and for you - defines you.” Can you hear His boldness and clarity! “Because of their motives, because of their emotions, because of their pain and agony is exactly why I ask you to respond with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22). You are not waiting on them to change, you are not waiting for an apology from them, you are waiting for ME and MY will be done!” That is some kind of hope, wouldn’t you say! We are not waiting on anything other than Him and undoubtedly His will.

God created us in His own image (Genesis 1:27)! Then how much more beautiful could we be? We couldn’t! As I struggled to the mirror one morning, I started hearing my Savior’s voice. I could barely lift my chin as He began to say, “Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful.” I thought to myself what in the world, I have truly lost my mind! Well, it kept occurring over and over until there was no denying this was from above. I sheepishly said, “You are beautiful.” I heard, “No, say it like you mean it.” I lifted my chin a little higher and with a tiny bit more meaning said, “You are beautiful.” I heard, “A little more meaning.“ I lifted it higher and with more passion said, “You are beautiful.“ I heard, “Okay, now you’re getting it, now say it again.” This occurred until I was actually looking myself directly in the eyes and repeating “you are beautiful” and actually feeling and knowing what God meant behind this message. To feel that way and believe that way turned my mourning into dancing! What does He mean by this message, He simply means from all of His heart, “YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!” No whys, hows, or when, stop doubting and know and accept He made you beautiful!

He wants the Bible to actually mean something to us. He has a personal message behind each page He brings you to. Diligently ask for His guidance and direction as you study and He will navigate you through and above what you could grasp on your own. You will see the mirror in the Bible. It will shine His face and love all through your life, it is a reflection! It will shine and reflect all through your life and journey, the good times and more importantly, the bad. When He gets a hold of you, you won’t want to forget that reflection as you are walking around this “world.” You will be so anxious to meet with Him again that you will go out of your way to look into “the mirror” and get the glimpse of His image to carry you on in freedom! You are blessed in what you do!

With Much Love, Maranda Huntley

Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment