EW Week One: She Is Noble

Hello to all my exceptional girlfriends!

You would not believe what I have been through over the last 5 days. I have filmed week one's video lesson for you no less than 150 times (no exaggeration at all...ask my husband), with at least 3 different video cameras. The video messed up every single time either during filming or during upload. I for the life of me could not get anything to upload...even bawling my eyes out didn't work! Can you believe that??? This I will tell you...my character was truly tested.

So I want to apologize that this week the best I could make happen was an audio upload on our ministry website. I will tell you this, I realize now more than ever that the enemy DOES NOT want us to get ahold of this lesson. Which makes me even more determined for us to finally GET IT! So I am asking you to be faithful with me to press forward and listen to the audio. Just picture me in really big earrings and a cute rhinestone t shirt (that was what I was wearing...haha!) I love you girls and know that after all the trauma I went through this weekend, God must have something big in store for us. Below you will find the audio link and discussion questions. Press on sweet sisters! We will become Exceptional Women!

Link to Audio Download...LISTEN HERE!

Discussion Questions

1. How would you define noble character?

2. What do you think the greatest obstacle to living a life of integrity seems to be?

3. Share how you feel like today's movies and TV shows may be influencing our character.

4. What steps do you plan on taking to resolve in your heart to be a woman/man of noble
character?
5. How can we encourage one another in being women of noble character?
 
Congrats to this week's gift winners!

Melissa Gulzinski
Pennie Collesano

2 comments:

made2scrap said...

Great audio program. God got his message across even if the video didn't work.

1.I define noble character as someone who is living their life as much like Jesus as possible - someone we can all look up to and model ourselves after, someone who is always honest, kind, compassionate, virtous, loving, helpful, etc.
2. I think our busy lifestyles are hindering the time we can spend alone with Jesus to put on our armor. I also think all the junk on TV, even the commercials, are detrimental to us... but even more so to our children. When I think of what they are growing up with as being "normal" versus what my generation had as acceptable, it really bothers me.
3. (Included in 2)
4. I have to make it a priority to spend that time EVERY DAY with the Lord. That's the only way that I can be a woman of noble character. I cannot do it on my own, and neither can anyone else.
5. Lift each other up in prayer, be a mentor to those who are struggling, hold each other accountable for living a noble life.

Looking forward to the next session!
Teresa Zellner

Unknown said...

Our main discussion after the audio, was how the media is TOXIC. That was a powerful word for us. It also struck us how pervasive the media can be. It affects our actions, our food choices, our language, our purchases, almost everything. Even our friends who may use vulgar language. We have to step up to the plate and be an influence on them.

We want our thoughts to be equal to our actions and words. That is our goal this week!

The Arlington Group - Deb, JeAnn and Susan

P.S. - One of our husbands stepped in at the end of the audio. He wanted you to know that more than "your girlfriends" need this study. He appreciated the reminder that our associations can become an attack on our character.

Post a Comment