The Wandering Mind

Do you ever find your mind wondering off in several directions? A certain worry or concern sets your mind in panic mode? I don’t know if it’s just a ‘Mommy’ thing, but when it comes to my kids, my mind can easily wander off before I know it. Just for example, a few days ago when I was brushing my daughter’s hair, I noticed a tick stuck to her head. I tried all of the tick removal ‘tricks’ that I discovered on Google, and after several attempts, I removed the tick. Well, the following day my daughter started complaining of a headache and not feeling well. That quickly my mind began to go in a million directions, “I wonder if her headache is related to that tick bite?” “What if that tick had Lyme’s disease?” “Should I call the pediatrician and ask them if I should be watching my daughter for any symptoms?” Seriously, my mind started going a million miles a minute!

Ever been there?

Maybe it’s some worries with your children. Your marriage. Or any of the other hundreds of things that can flood our minds and rob our joy?

An unusual doctor’s report on our child?

Your child looks like his heart is far from God?

A marriage that looks completely hopeless?

Aging parents with health issues-and a future that is looking bleak?

Financial difficulties?

Fortunately, I recognized this worry sooner than later and gave my motherly panic over to God. I reminded myself that it’s at these times in our lives where we have to continually meditate on the scriptures, Philippians 4:6-7, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he’s done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

Did you notice that?

As we pray instead of worry and be thankful for all He’s done… then God is going to give us a supernatural peace that will guard our wandering minds! It's a supernatural peace-one that's given by our loving Father not a peace we can muster up on our own. This is the kind of peace I need at times my wandering mind has the best of me!

We need to fix our wandering minds on God-the maker of this world and the creator of the planets and stars. Let’s agree together today that the next time our minds begin to wonder and worry, we’re going to give it ALL to Him! I know we can trust Him! :)

Love,
Stephanie

More to meditate on: Philippians 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment