HE HAS CHOSEN

1 Corinthians 7 - The Message
17 “Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18 Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts. 20 Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.”

Each time I dive into the Word, I am amazed at the power and clarity God sends into my life. I feel I have heard this and wrote this over and over and over. Once again I am moved by the love of God to pour this simple message out all over again. I truly believe if we can grasp the simplicity of this amazing blessing our lives will be drastically changed.

God called and chose YOU! How beautiful is that? From where ever you were or whatever you had been, He chose YOU! I have a friend from childhood contact me recently and share with me that she had finally let God into her life. I wept with joy knowing the love she was experiencing and all the joys that were to come. I literally feel like a child on Christmas morning when I hear people accepting Jesus into their life. There is nothing like the love and forgiveness of our God.

God has called each of us to live as believers. I’m still learning how to live as a believer. I think this takes time to live as a true believer. It goes much deeper than just saying I believe in God. I’m definitely one who wants to experience all the Lord has for me. I want my life to continually be searched and formed by the hands of God on a daily basis. I don’t want to live this life that has been resurrected from the grave half hearted. I don’t just want to tell the good news, I MUST evangelize and share what the Lord has for each and every person. So when God tells us to live as believers I don’t think we should go about our day without knowing, believing and seeking what the Lord’s will is in our lives.

The part I love most about this scripture is that He not only chose us to be believers but it is in whatever situation the Lord had assigned to you, just as God had called you. It is not just a coincidence that you are living with the person you are living with, or the family you’ve been put with, or the fact you’ve just been laid off of work, or the debt that has piled up, or the addict in your life(we need to understand we too have strongholds in our lives and this situation maybe one) you’ve been chosen by your Heavenly Father to see someone through this life to the next. How is your faith walk right now in your circumstances? You’ve been blessed to shine a light for ALL to see. You may be where I once was and be slapped with insults, retaliation, threats and much suffering. Though they are throwing this negativity your way, they see your good deeds and we will all wait patiently on the Lord as they walk closer to His heart. 1 Peter 2 11-25.

Seek this truth and love out every second of the day you can. I’ve know Him to show off a little bit in our lives. I’ve heard people very close to my heart use the word “never.” Well if it is something the Lord has in store for you and your freedom in Christ, there is no such word. He may just break you at the most unpredictable time, place and circumstance. You will be forever grateful for his unimaginable love all throughout your life. Be a warrior for God and keep His commands, you and many others will be blessed immeasurably.

Category: 1 comments

1 comment:

Britt said...

Thank you so much Maranda for this message today. I think this is a great encouragement and reminder to those, including myslef at times, who find themselves living as a Christian in difficult places, particulary.

Post a Comment