Our Friend the Holy Spirit


Continuing with 1 Corinthians 2:3-5 (The Message)

3-5 I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate—I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it—and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else. But the Message came through anyway. God's Spirit and God's power did it, which made it clear that your life of faith is a response to God's power, not to some fancy mental or emotional footwork by me or anyone else.

Paul continues to try and teach the Corinthian Church about God’s Spirit. He explains how powerful and tangible our God is. The beauty and truth is we are all inadequate, no matter the time or effort we put into this life. That’s the gift! We need not to worry about adequacy or how we are impressing or not. When we let our guard down and resist what this world says, thinks and feels, and let God take over, our vision becomes more aware of His heart and more passionate about reaching a lost world. If we step out, He will provide!

When you recognize and allow the Holy Spirit to truly dwell inside of you and throughout your life, your worries about how and when to speak the Word of God will cease. I love what Jesus speaks in John 16: 12-15, in the Message Bible: “I still have many things to tell you, but you can't handle them now. But when the Friend comes, the Spirit of the Truth, he will take you by the hand and guide you into all the truth there is. He won't draw attention to himself, but will make sense out of what is about to happen and, indeed, out of all that I have done and said. He will honor me; he will take from me and deliver it to you. Everything the Father has is also mine. That is why I've said, 'He takes from me and delivers to you.'“

Isn’t it amazing that God knows what you need and when you need it. Our amazing God not only knows but offers what we need, when we need it. It is our choice to then receive it or not. When we start to follow Him, He knows what we need in the beginning of our journey will be much different than in the end. As we grow into a more spiritual Christian, He then offers a bigger spiritual gift, the Holy Spirit. I love to read, listen and receive what God speaks about the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not just a thing, it is actually a person. Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as our friend that He will leave with us if we will honestly commit ourselves to the Lord and do His work. I know the comfort, support and encouragement I feel when my friends are around. Now imagine what it truly means to have “our friend” the Holy Spirit dwelling inside of us!

Dear Father,
I ask that you fill us with the confidence you desire us to have in you Lord. I pray as we seek what it truly means to live for you and with you that you will cause a wellspring of your love and wisdom in our hearts. I pray it is recognized by all and that people are drawn to the source of our fulfillment. I ask that you keep us on our spiritual toes so our well will never run low or dry. I pray we will always accept your offer into the next step of our journey with you Lord. I pray the goodness we are filling ourselves up with will not be able to be contained but overflow over all the earth. We want everyone we see to be drenched with the Holy Spirit. Thank you for such an awesome friend that we choose to acknowledge in our daily lives. We praise you for the blessing you continually rain down upon us! In your awesome Name, we pray, Amen!
With so much Love, Maranda Huntley
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment