A message of encouragement to singles

We had such an amazing time at the SWAG Single Women's Conference this past Saturday. It was a small intimate group of ladies and God was so faithful to speak an encouraging word over our hearts. We did lots of laughing and a little crying but at the end of the night it was obvious that God had healed broken hearts and changed lives. Thank you to all the ladies that joined us.

For those singles that wanted to be there but couldn't we wanted to make sure that you too got an encouraging word for the season that you are in. As a single so many times we can get so discouraged in our single season. Most singles can't wait to move past their single season into the next season of their life. The problem I have with that is that when you are constantly wishing you could just fast forward into the next season of life you risk missing out on all of the sweetness and purpose God has for you in the current season you are in. I know this one personally because I have done it time and time again. Every seemingly hard or uncomfortable or lonely season I find myself in, I reach for the fast forward button and beg God to pick me up and drop me into the next season. God's response is always the same to me, "Justeina if I did fast forward and allow you to skip this season of life you wouldn't be prepared for the season that is coming. Right now I am equipping you and teaching you so that you will be ready for that next season." I hate it when he tells me that, but none the less it always turns out to be true. When my next season of life does finally come around (and it always will) I realize that I am readily equipped for it because of the season I have just come out of.

The same is true for you as a single. God has so much in store for you and much much purpose for you as a single. Whether you are single and never been married or you are divorced or widowed God does have purpose to come from your singleness. It really can be one of the sweetest seasons you ever have with Jesus. Don't risk missing out on it by constantly meditating on ways to finally be done with singleness. God has a plan for you sweet one. I promise you that he will answer your prayers and give you the desires of your heart, in the meantime enjoy being single. Ask God to reveal to you all the purpose he has for you in this season of life and then girlfriend you live out that purpose with all of your heart. In the future when you look back on this season I promise you will remember just how sweet it was. Take it from the married woman (happily married I might add). For those singles that have gone through divorce or loss, you are not exempt from what I have said about your singlness holding in it much purpose. God will do a work on your heart if you let him. Don't allow rejection or shame from your past keep you from the healing God offers. In this time of singleness God is going to heal your brokeness and fill you full of his love. Let him do so.

We love you girls so much and continue to pray that God uses you for his glory!

xoxo
Justeina

No comments:

Post a Comment